A fully integrated quality control system, checking the integrity of hotmelt glue packed boxes
No more loose flaps, no more collapsing multipacks!
- High precision guaging and calibrated temperature measurement
- A thermal camera detects the hot spots created by glue
- A high resolution vision camera determines the absolute position of the pack
- Thermal and Optical cameras are triggered jointly
- The technologies combine to determine the precise location and quantity of the glue on the pack
- Closure of all flaps is verified
- Deviations from specification such as missing glue, incorrect quantities and misplaced glue spots, are rejected
- If necessary the line is stopped
- Zero contact with the product
- A guarantee that the glue hidden from the naked eye is in the right place
HotSpot™ uses LWIR imaging and traditional colour imaging and is fully integrated into the system as the boxes emerge from the cartoning machine.
The boxes are formed in the cartooning machines and hot melt glue applied to the flaps of the boxes. These are then folded to stick to the sides of the box to complete the assembly. By ensuring that the glue is the right temperature, and has been applied to the correct areas in the desired quantity, the manufacturer can be certain that the boxes are stuck together thoroughly, and are safe to be moved ready for transport. If the flaps are not properly stuck, then the boxes can collapse on the pallets causing breakages. A secondary problem is that sometimes the glue is applied in the right place, but the flaps aren’t formed or folded properly resulting in an irregularly shaped box.
The HotSpot™ vision system consists of a colour camera and FLIR LWIR camera, looking at the edges of the box where the flaps fold over. The FLIR thermal imaging camera is providing a focused readout of the temperature of the glue and that it is in the right place, imaging through the cardboard material of the box. The colour camera checks that the flaps have been properly formed and that the box is the correct shape. The vision application software used is Vision Pro software from Cognex. In the event of a failure, the line is automatically stopped and additional glue can be applied manually.
HotSpot™ is versatile: it fits any production line and is suitable for any multipack box, regardless of contents and size.
- Fits on your existing conveyor
- Minimal downtime needed for installation
- HMI Unit can be remote
- Tower lights as an option
- Various reject mechanisms available
- Ethernet connectivity
- Communicates via Industrial Protocols
- Direct link to SAP (optional)
- OEE Data available (optional)
- Capacity for add-on modules
- Delivery Time 6-8 Weeks
- Bytronic setup option available
- Integration with data capture systems (see also LineView™)